OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Business Management (Online)
The OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Business Management qualification aims to provide learners with an excellent foundation for building a career in a range of organisations. It designed to ensure each learner is ‘business ready’: a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of business and management and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change.
The content of the qualification is focused on:
- managing business communication
- understanding the business environment and organisations in a global context
- business functions including people management
- quantitative methods in business
- finance for managers
- research and academic writing.
The qualification is ideal for those who have started, or are planning to move into, a career in private or public sector business. Successful completion of the Level 4 Diploma in Business Management qualification will enable learners to progress to further study or employment.
For entry onto the OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Business Management qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 3 Award/Diploma or at the level of GCE/GCSE or equivalent qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
Successful completion of Level 4 Diploma in Business Management provides learners with the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Business Management. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to gain direct entry into Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programs. For more information visit the University Progressions page on the OTHM website.
Course Duration & Delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning. The qualification is delivered at Brit College through online flexible learning
If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency. For more information visit the OTHM English Language Expectations page (https://www.othm.org.uk/english-language.html).
The British Council website (https://www.britishcouncil.org/english) provides useful information about learning English as a second language, and a list of British Council accredited center worldwide.
Crescent College considers English Language proficiency as a valuable transferrable skill for work and life. We work in partnership with the London Language Foundation, (a British Council accredited centre) to offer our students a range of ESOL courses including IELTS preparation and one-to-one English tuition.
The OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Business Management consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Research and Academic Writing (20 credits)
- Business Environment (20 credits)
- Introduction to Business Communication (20 credits)
- Introduction to Quantitative Methods (20 credits)
- Introduction to Business Functions (20 credits)
- Introduction to Finance (20 credits)
How To Apply?
- You need to apply the online application form
- Take a test or tests as part of your application
- Send something in written work
- If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to interview
- Shortlisted applicants will get the feedback
- Enjoy your learning